Frequently Asked Questions


What to do if an insane person comes to your house and behaves in a disorderly manner?

Avoid him as far as possible and get the service of a Police officer (by dialing 15). If you feel threatened by his/her actions, you can act for your private defense against him.  
What to do if your neighbor is encroaching your land and putting up a wall or fence? Top
Discuss the matter with him and settle the matter amicably. If no satisfactory response is receivedfromhimthenconsult a police officer or a lawyer and take legal action against him. It this is an unauthorized construction, you may inform the relevant Local Government Authority.  
How to act in case of receiving a fraudulent cheque? Top
Try to settle the matter beforemaking a complaint. Tender the cheque to the bank and ascertain whether it is a dishonored cheque. If the amount in the cheque is less than Rs.100,000/- inform the local police station. Police can investigate the matter according to the fraudulent act, but police shall not be responsible for recovering any financial loss.  
How to react in case you are harasssed by unwanted telephone calls? Top
Register your complaint by dialing 1218 and inform the relevant telephone regulatory officer about the unwanted telephonic calls. If identity of the caller is revealed inform the concerned police station and take the appropriate action against him.  
What to do if a suspicious person is loitering closer to your house or near an important public Place?
Discuss this matter with your neighbors and make further inquiries to find his identity. If the suspicious person is using a vehicle, it is important to note down the details of the vehicle e.g make model, registration number and color. For further proceedings inform the relevant Police Station. And if you suspect a person's activity or behavior at a public place dial 15 immediately.  
What is the procedure of transferring a gun license to any other person? Top
A background report of the person, to whom the gun is transferred should be obtained from the police station. This report should be further referred to Ministry of Defense for approval